Wetumpka Senior Center and Youth Library Art Projects
The Elmore County Art Guild visits the Wetumpka Senior Center four times per year to conduct art project.
Guild members plan and direct an art activity for the seniors designed to offer encouragement and a creative outlet for the participants. In addition to the Senior Center project, the Elmore County Art Guild also participates in the annual Wetumpka City Library Summer Reading Program. Each year on the last day of the program, Guild members conduct an art project based on the program's theme. The six-week program is open to youth entering grades 1–6.
Senior Center projects include:
- A painting demonstration followed by painting exercise where each participant completes their own painting.
- A Holiday Project with simple materials for seniors to use to decorate their homes.
- Constructing paper quilt blocks that are then put together to make a large paper quilt to decorate the Senior Center
Become a Volunteer
The ECAG needs your assistance. Inquire today about the various volunteer opportunities which are available.
Volunteers are needed on a quarterly basis to plan, direct, and assist with art activities for seniors. You do not have to be a member of the ECAG to participate in this program.
For more information about this rewarding program or to become a volunteer, please contact Shirley Esco at 334-399-5115
- DatesMarch, June, September, December
- TimesThe program time varies.
- Apply TillPlease sign up at least 30 days in advance.
Wetumpka Senior Center ProjectsVolunteer to Assist with a Program
The Guild Maintains a Supply Closet
The Elmore County Art Guild will provide volunteers with the neccessary supplies need to complete the projects.
To donate supplies for the supply closet, please contact Doris Bell at 334-567-7910
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be a member to partcipate?
You do not have to be a member os the ECAG to participate in this program.
Do I have to purchase the supplies for the program?
Volunteers will need make a supply list and check the supply closet to ensure that the neccesary are available. Volunteers are not required to purchase supplies.